Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Thoughts on will the "battle" for starting Center be beneficial?

Posted on LakersGround.net on 8/01/07.

To me, the big thing about the competition is NOW. If you are Mihm or Brown and you hear buzz that Bynum is working out hard this summer, what are you going to do? You have millions riding on getting PT next off-season. I would be working out to the max. Ditto on the PG situation - you think Farmar is relaxing this off-season after starting in the playoffs, then seeing the Lakers sign Fisher and Critterton? He wants to stay the starter and he knows he has got to IMPROVE if he is going to stay the starter.

Another thing about the competition - I hope that Mihm can be effective when he comes back, that Bynum really improves over the summer and that Brown can be effective. The chances of any one of those things happening aren't the best. However, I think the odds of at least one of the three happening are pretty good. I am not sure Fisher can be a quality starting PG. Or that Farmar can. Or that Critterton can. But I feel pretty good that one of the three is likely to step up to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home