Friday, August 26, 2005

A response to someone who wants to trade Slava, Cook and George

I wrote this on 8/4 (Link)
OK, if these guys are as bad as you say, why would any team trade us better players for them? You have to trade talent to get talent. It would be one thing if the Lakers were willing to trade an expiring contract for someone with 4 years left on their contract, but they aren't interested in any players with contracts longer than 2 years.

Slava - IMHO he has the lowest basketball IQ on the squad, which negates his triangle experience. He only makes $3 mil, so to me its not a big deal whether he is gone or just deep on the bench.

Cook - his game may not be what you look for in a PF, but it is going to be hard to find someone who can contribute as much for his salary ($865K). I don't think he get much playing time this year because I think Odom and Jones will get time at back up PF. I wouldn't worry about him.

George - I would prefer to get more production out of a player earning $5 mil, but he has triangle experience and is the best SF defender. I think he is of more value to the Lakers then he is to other teams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home