Monday, July 16, 2007

Tyson Chandler vs Chris Mihm

Posted on LakersGround.net on 3/9/06.

Looking at the stats, I don't see what Wolf and Magic_Bryant see. I have a hard time imagining that Chandler is a much superior shot blocker and yet has the same blocks per game as Mihm. As for rebounding, Mihm has as Odom rebounding with him, so there are less rebounds for him to get. Chandler doesn't play with a good rebounder like Odom. So, even though Mihm gets far fewer rebounds than Chandler, the Lakers are a better rebounding team, getting 51.2% of rebounds compared to 50.7% for Chicago.

When I see a player scoring only 5.2 ppg in 26.7 mpg, I see an offensive liability. I haven't watched any Bulls games, but I would guess that the other team's centers get to play one man zone all the time, shutting down the paint. Mihm is not a liability on either side of the court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home